Our Staff-in-Training program is an experiential, eight week program for participants entering 11th grade. Staff-in-Training get to experience hands-on learning of what it means to work on the Shwayder Camp staff. Starting with a week of group training, leading into multi-day internships shadowing Shwayder staff, and ending with a placement for a full session, S.I.T.s leave at the end of the summer feeling confident about what it takes to be an outstanding Shwayder staff member.
Dates & Rates
June 9-August 4
$3500 Standard Rate / $2975 Temple Emanuel Member Rate
Staff-in-Training arrive the day before campers to get acquainted with camp before camp is in session, and leave eight weeks later after the final camper session ends.
How to Apply
- Parents complete a camper application through CampMinder, here.
- S.I.T. applicants login to your CampInTouch account and click the “Forms and Documents” link to complete the Staff-In-Training Application form.
- Print out the SIT Personal and Professional Reference Forms and give to two qualified people (one each)
- Make sure to have all three forms/documents turned in by December 28, 2018.
- Camp staff will reach out after December 28 about setting up a in-person group interview, or video call interview for out-of-state applicants.
- After all interviews are complete, applicants will be contact about acceptance.
Hear From Our 2018 Staff-in-Training
During the 8 week SIT summer program I feel like I was able to truly step out of my comfort zone. I took on new leadership roles that I would have never imagined being a part of. I could not have spent my summer in a more worthwhile way. I believe I grew as a young adult and was able to truly push myself to be he best me I could be.”
I chose to spend eight weeks up at 10,200 feet, to try to give back to the place that’s given me so much. My favorite part is difficult to pinpoint, but I have to say that it was creating new relationships with each genre of person at camp; campers and SITs of course, but I also got to know some of the amazing staff much better than I ever had before (now it’s them who I think are the coolest people ever). The SIT program definitively convinced me to come back to be a counselor as soon as I can, because this year I learned that Shwayder Magic isn’t just for the campers.”